Who we are…
According to church minutes, a meeting took place at the home of Rev. Hubert Glass on Sunday, October 4, 1959. Following a time of devotions and prayer, it was unanimously decided to build a new place of worship and name it Riverview Baptist Church.
Back then, the first body of believers had a God-given desire and spirit of determination to offer the people of this community a place to worship and call home.
Today, our congregation shares the same desire and spirit of determination of those who have gone on before. We are dedicated to reaching those throughout this community and beyond with the Gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
We believe in the inspired, infallible, inerrant Word of God and accept the Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention on June 14, 2000 as our article of faith.